compelling man, directed, produced and written by American
Broadway producer, and billionaire philanthropist — has helped
Some interesting notes -
2. Although he defined himself as gay, he had a two year love relationship with Cher.
3. He is one of three founders of Dreamworks along with Steven Spielberg, Jeffrey Katzenberg and David Geffen.
- -$5 million towards UCLA's Westwood Playhouse
- -$100 million to Lincoln Center,
- -$1 million to St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital and made numerous smaller donations to a variety of organizations that focus on AIDS and cancer, as well as various health clinics in the Los Angeles area.
- -$450,000 over the years to two Atlanta schools, the historically black Morehouse College, and the all-women Spelman College, have received.
--Smaller donations to organizations such as Read it LOUD.
--$200,000 to National Public Radio
--$25 million to the Los Angeles County Museum of Art
--Over $200,000 to the Museum of Modern Art (MOMA)
--LGBT, over $637,000 to the organization that has brought state and federal challenges to laws that prohibit same-sex couples from getting married
--$600,000 to Human Rights Watch has received at least $600,000 from Geffen.
--Geffen supports a variety of organizations that provide services to Los Angeles’ homeless population.
--$150,000 to the Simon Wiesenthal Center
--$50,000 to the American Jewish Committee in Los Angeles.
On the American Master's program -