|Image & Recipe from Spend With Pennies|
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 medium Onion, diced
- 2 cups Instant white rice (I am going to try 3 cups cooked real rice next time)
- 2 cups Chicken broth, reduced sodium
- 1 can Condensed Cream of mushroom soup (10.5 oz)
- 1 can Condensed Cream of chicken soup (10.5 oz)
- 1/2 cup Sour cream
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
- 3-4 cups Leftover turkey, diced (I cooked up a few chicken breasts for this)
- 4 cups Fresh broccoli florets (I substituted fresh green beans)
- 1 ½ cups Cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 1 cup Crushed crackers (any kind)
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook onion in olive oil in until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Stir in rice, cover and turn off heat. Let sit covered 5 minutes.
- Steam broccoli until tender crisp. NOTE BELOW
- In a large bowl combine cooked rice, cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, milk, seasonings, turkey, broccoli and 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese.
- Spread into a greased 9×13 pan.
- Combine topping ingredients in a small bowl. Sprinkle over casserole and bake 35 minutes or until hot & bubbly and lightly browned. Serve warm.