These fashion designers were all asked to step out of the box conceptually and have fun with the challenge. Their look should represent them as designers and showcase their creativity. They were asked to do more than just use the shirts as fabric. At least one original detail from the original garments used should be incorporated in their final design.
Here is a brief introduction to the final four designers - Evan Clayton, Lara Ireland, Markéta Martišková and Yasuhiro Tomita. Alex S. Yu, Francesca Phipps, Jessie Liu, Sacha Cooper and Tieler James were covered in Press Release Part 1 - HERE. Aloke Kumar Singh, Camila Castillo, Lesley Hampton & Sam Stringer were covered in Press Release Part 2 - HERE. Anita Heiberg, Jacqueline Zeyi Chen, Sara Armstrong & Stevie Crowne were covered in Press Release Part 3 - HERE. Amber Nifong, Lauren Kemp, Charné Esterhuizen & Ras Kasozi were covered in Part 5 - HERE.
To read about my journey to create this challenge, check out my article, "The Move From Media Seat To Backstage."
- About - Evan Clayton is a fashion designer highly skilled in both the art of tailoring and the fluidity of drapery who love to puch the boundary of the silhouette. He strives to marry art and fashion in such a way as to create political, personal and artistic expression. Creative influences include psychology, modern pop culture, French history and a variety of performance artists including Marina Abramovic, Lady Gaga and Jonna Lee of iamamaiwhoami.
- Studied at – Blanche Macdonald
- Website - www.evanclayton.ca/
- Instagram - @evanclayton
- Facebook - www.facebook.com/evan.clayton/
- Twitter - @Evan_Clayton
- Linked in - www.linkedin.com/in/evan-clayton-9bb594a7/
- About - Lara Ireland is a Sydney based designer, with a focus on a conceptual approach to Sustainable applications and Design. Her collections are intimately hand-made and artisanal at the very heart.Lara markedly sets her philosophy around the basis of ‘Cradle to Cradle’ design – recycling materials and eliminating the impact on wastage and environmental conservation.
- Instagram - www.instagram.com/lara.j.ireland/
- Not Just A Label - www.notjustalabel.com/designer/lara-ireland
- About - Marketa Martiskova is currently working on setting up her own fashion and accessories label ‘STOP’ based in Antwerp. She looks to the world and identifies social distraction, day-to-day topics and global issues through designs. She is communicates through symbols, typography, prints and employed techniques.The designer creates eco-friendly and recycling based designs by using leftovers from production or even raw materials which could be regarded as waste.Her designs could be described like painting with textile.
- Studied at - Royal Academy of Fine Arts Antwerp
- Website - www.stopisstart.com/
- Facebook - www.facebook.com/STOPisSTART/
- Instagram - @stopisstart
- Tumblr - http://marketa-martiskova.tumblr.com/
- LinkedIn - www.linkedin.com/in/marketa-martiskova-2b656929/
- About - Yasuhiro Tomita started collecting gem rocks in 2005 which was a turning point to start designing jewellery with using precious and semi-precious stones. In 2009, he started managing his own clothing line, RUKUS by yasuhiro tomita. that includes both men's and women's collections. This designer is not afraid to push the envelope with collections offering an edgy style that have been wowing fashion crowds in both Vancouver and Tokyo
- Website - http://www.rukus.jp/
- Twitter - @rukus_tokyo